Thursday, November 8, 2012

Liebster Award! x 2

Soooo!  My world has been a bit hectic lately.  Nothing in comparison to what most of you go through in a day, but, hectic for me. 



A couple of weeks ago I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Jackie from the Whiney Wife.  Thank you Jackie!  When I sat down to write my acceptance speech is about the time I became overwhelmed...mentally!  Yesterday, my dear friend, Dina, The Plucky Procrastinator, nominated me again for the award!  Yay me!  To say I am honored, doubly, is an understatement!  I stumbled with my first acceptance at finding 11 new blogs to nominate, and now I am faced with that again!  I like to follow the rules and did not want to write this until I had them.  Now, I feel like I have to find more!!  LOL!  I am going to do my best to fulfill both requirements, but, I am sure I will fail!

So, what is this Liebster Blog Award, you ask?  It is an award given from bloggers to other bloggers who have a following of less than 200 followers.

The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.


With this award, comes a set of rules and here they are:
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves
  • Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
  • Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  • Go to their page and tell them.
  • No tag backs!
11 things about myself:

Here are 11 questions for my nominees: Whiney Wife's questions:
1.      Do you prefer to read fiction or nonfiction? Explain your choice.  I prefer to read fiction and my preferred genre is mysteries.
2.      What would you do if you had a million dollars?  I would first pay off all my debt.  I would hire a well trusted financial advisor to advise me on how to invest it.  I would also set up some sort of trusts for my nephews for college, as well as do what I could for my parents.  After that, I am not sure.  I would probably buy a few toys, but nothing crazy.
3.      If your life was a song, what would the title be?  Life is a Highway
4.      Would you rather have the power to be invisible or the power to read minds?  Read minds!
5.      What was the best movie you saw this last year and why? Umm, I would have to go with the last one that I watched, "Up".  Why?  Read my blogs and find out why!  ;)
6.      If you could meet any celebrity or other personality in the world, who would it be and why?  Garth Brooks - because I would like to thank him for his music and how it touched my life.
7.      If you were granted three wishes from an angel or genie what would you want?  A cure for cancer, a better world, a cure for cancer.
8.      Which is the decision you regret the most?  I try not to regret anything, instead find meaning in why they did or didn't happen.  I suppose not having kids, but, there is a reason why I haven't!
9.      Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid.  I miss summer nights.
10.  Do you believe in ghosts?  Yes
11.  What is important to you right now?  Continuing to find my way in the world.


The Plucky Procrastinator's questions:

1.  Can you play a musical instrument?  If so, which one(s) and how long have you been playing?  I can play two instruments, the trumpet and acoustic guitar.  I haven't really played the trumpet since high school (a.k.a. A LONG TIME).  The acoustic guitar took its place in my post high school/college years.  I have been playing it about 20 years, give or take a couple.  I am self taught and would only win an award that I am giving out!  :)

2.  Do you have any tattoos?  NO

3.  When you were 16 years old, what did you think your life would be like when you were 25?  I thought I would be married, with kids and settled into a career.  Needless to say, I am still trying to figure that all out!  At my age, kids are probably not going to happen, but, I still have time to find the perfect guy and find the perfect career!  :)

4.  If you could only choose one, would it be bacon or sausage?  Bacon, and there would be no choice to make!

5.  Have you ever been in a car/truck/motorcycle accident?  Yes.  Car.  But a small fender bender.

6.  If you were stranded on a deserted island, what animal would you really hope was not also on the island?  Snakes

7.  Have you ever ran a marathon? No, I haven't ran since I was 12 and don't plan on it!

8.  If you could pick only one household duty to never do again, which one would it be? The bathroom....not that it is hard, it just seems to be the one I usually put off the most.

9.  What's the one TV show you never want to miss?  Shockingly, I am not too addicted to anything right now.  I enjoy CSI, NCIS, Hawaii 5-0, The Voice.  I guess to answer, I would have to say The Voice.  That Blake Shelton has me wrapped around his little finger!

10.  What is your earliest memory?  Wow, I would have to say remembering watching our cat, Butch, walking across the backyard.  I was pretty young, probably 3 or 4.  This was tough!

11.  Do you like peanut butter in your chocolate?   Only Reese's.  Any other combination will not do!


Here are my nominees:
Beer Bitches
I Will Get Up Again
Tails from the Ruff Side
Fruits and Nuts
A Mommy's Perception
Mommy's Distraction Time
Dina Marie - A Plucky Procrastinator
Diary of an Unbreakable Mom
Running Towards the Light without spilling my drink
Whiney Wife
Jenn's Blogspot - My Daily Jenn-ism
I Will Get Up Again

And here are my questions!

1.  What is your favorite side dish for Thanksgiving Dinner?
2.  What is your favorite pet (if you have one) and why?  (i.e. dog, cat, etc.)
3.  What is your favorite hot drink?  Coffee, tea or hot cocoa?
4.  Do you let your pets sleep in bed with you?
5.  Do you stay home for the holidays or do you have to travel to your family?
6.  What is your favorite color?
7.  What is your favorite candy bar?
8.  Walmart or Target?
9.  Are you more productive in the morning or evening?
10.  What do you miss most about being a kid?
11.  Which would you choose?  A tropical paradise or mountain retreat?

Again, I am very humbled to have received the award!  I have tried to stay true to the rules, but I know I strayed!  Thanks again to Jackie and Dina!  I love your blogs and facebook pages!





1 comment:

  1. You answered the last question positively. You can't be my friend anymore :p LOL! hehehe

    ReplyDelete