Monday, November 5, 2012

Momma crying wolf!

I am wondering where the last couple of weeks have gone!  Not to say I have been overly busy, but, maybe busy and a bit unmotivated, unchallenged...unsomething (yes, I know.....that is not a word). 

I think it all started a few weeks ago when I found Gracy's lump of fat.  I had been doing fairly well (I am sure her doctor's might disagree with this).  I feel like I am analyzing every little move she makes.  I have to make mental notes...she coughed, she didn't eat, she did eat, she got sick, what made her sick, does she have any new lumps.  Some might say I worry too much (including myself), but anything can be an indicator of something beginning and I want to be on top of it.  I want to make sure our team (Gracy, Doctors, myself) have all the tools we need.

It might help if we knew what was making her get sick.  That "might" help me to relax a little bit.  However, we are still trying to figure all of that out.  The fact that I still have to hand feed her most of the time leads me to believe that she still is fighting something.  Her belly still isn't right, or, I have just spoiled her.

Every day it is something.  Some days  I feel as if I am Peter crying wolf.  Gracy started leaking urine sometime this past summer.  She takes meds for it, but, it still happens.  It had only been when she was sleeping and some days are worse than others. 

Last weekend it was really bad.  I have towels and pads laid all over her favorite places to sleep, but, sometimes, it is a crap shoot to catch it that way.  It was a constant rotation of towels, bedding, etc. in the washer.  I wasn't too worried about it until Monday morning when it seemed as if she was doing it while she was awake.  At one point, it was like a dripping faucet.  It was actually kind of a funny moment when Gracy and I sat there in amazement watching it happen!  I had broke down and bought some doggie diapers that you put sanitary napkins in and put them on her until I heard back from her doctor.  Gracy walked around the house like she had a corn cob up her you know what!

So, back to the Peter thing!  I have Gracy, who for days had not been able to control her bladder.  I have become concerned enough to email her doctor and buy diapers.  The doctor isn't too concerned yet (because of her symptoms, or lack of them) and doesn't like the diaper idea (increased chances of infection).  So, after getting the response from her doctor, that little stinker leaked only 2 times the rest of the week.  UGH! 

The moral of my story is that I am continually made to look like a fool by my dog! 

If it sounds like I am complaining, I am not.  Frustrated...yes.  I want to fix her!  I just want my little girl to get better and be with me for a long, long time.  I want to stay on top of things and catch them before they get out of control.  My silver lining is that she is still here for me to clean up her messes and feed her.  She is my sweet, brave little girl who is fighting as hard as she can to hang out with her Momma and sister as long as she can.  She is NOT just a dog, and she knows it!


2 comments: