Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What a day!! The little things....

Today was a chemo day for Gracy.  Chemo day's are very stressful for me.  Mostly self-inflicted, but stressful, none the less.  We currently go every two weeks for the treatment and checkup.  Yes, I go through this every two weeks.

I am usually good for about a week.  Then, the second week I start to worry.  And worry, and worry.  Today was no exception.  In fact, it was the worst it has been for a while now.  Why?  Because Sunday I felt a growth on her shoulder.  Even though I knew it wasn't a common place for me to find a swollen lymph node, I worried.....A LOT!  When she came out of remission, it wasn't a common way for her to come out of remission.  So, in my world, anything is possible.

Thankfully, when they aspirated it, it was only fatty tissue.  WHEW!!!!!

So, needless to say, I still am a bit frazzled!  But, it reminded me that it is the little things in life that mean the most.  I am lucky that I still have my Squirt.  Although each day creates its own new stresses, I am honored and blessed that she chose me to love the most in her life.  This is not the road I would have chosen for us, but, I wouldn't trade a minute of it.  The people we have met and the lives she has touched has all been worth it.  After all, she is NOT just a dog!



No comments:

Post a Comment